A few options for the Free Day in Mactan
Canyoneering the stunning Kawasan Falls
Spend a full day navigating the picturesque Kawasan Falls through a series of natural water features such as streams, waterfalls, pools, and narrow canyons, often utilizing a combination of swimming, hiking, climbing, and jumping. The water at Kawasan Falls is known for its vibrant turquoise color, which contrasts beautifully with the lush green surroundings.
After completing the canyoneering course, participants can relax and swim in the refreshing pools beneath the waterfall, providing a satisfying conclusion to the adventure before being served a traditional Filipino meal eaten by hand, referred to as a “Kawasan Feast”. Various dishes will be served on banana leaves laid out on a communal table, and participants use their hands to eat the food. This is a cultural practice that emphasizes communal sharing and bonding over a flavorful array of dishes.
Overall, the combination of stunning watercolors, lush green surroundings, the unique canyoneering experience, and the traditional communal meal make Kawasan Falls a beautiful natural wonder that will be sure to thrill.
Cost: $249 (per person)
10-12 hours total
3 hours travel time to Kawasan Falls
3 hours zipline and canyoneering
1-hour Kamwsan Lunch
3 hours travel time back to resort
*times are estimated depending on traffic, time to complete canyoneering course, lunch time
Adventurous, Once in a lifetime, Culture
Know before you go:
- Transportation from the resort as well as a local guide to accompany you to and from the falls will be provided.
- Once arriving onsite in Kawasan falls, you will rendezvous with our local expert tour operator to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, as they are familiar with the terrain and potential hazards.
- Lunch will be served. The lunch is very traditional and there are no other options than snacks available.
- Participants should expect long periods of walking and traversing large boulders through an aquatic and slippery environment.
- The rocks and boulders can be very slippery. Participants should be aware and bring a pair of well fitted water shoes. Shoes can be rented but raro STRONGLY suggests bringing your own pair.
- The terrain will be jungle as well as aquatic. Swimming attire as well as a rash guard and board shorts are recommended. A dry change of clothes is also suggested as there will be shower stalls for guests to use at the lunch location. Dry clothes can be left on the bus.
- Waterproof cell phone covers will be for sale onsite, but guests can bring their own. Drybags are also recommended for guests who require bringing necessary items, such as medications, with them. These will not be for sale onsite.
- This excursion is not suitable for pregnant guests and is not wheelchair accessible.
Click Here for more information on Canyoneering.
Cebu City Tour
Discover the heart and soul of the Philippines with a captivating tour of Cebu City. Immerse yourself in a blend of historical charm, vibrant culture, and breathtaking landscapes that will leave you enchanted. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, or simply seeking an unforgettable adventure, Cebu City has something for everyone. Let your senses be captivated as you traverse its cobblestone streets, marvel at its architecture, and embrace the warmth of its people. Your journey begins here.
- Magellan’s Cross: Stand where history was made as you gaze upon the very spot where Magellan planted the cross in 1521, marking the birth of Christianity in the Philippines.
- Basilica Minore del Santo Niño: Explore the oldest church in the country, home to the revered Santo Niño de Cebu. Discover the rich spiritual heritage that shaped the city’s identity.
- Fort San Pedro: Walk through time in this 16th-century fort turned museum. Marvel at its architecture and learn about Cebu’s colonial past through interactive exhibits.
- Taoist Temple: Find tranquility and panoramic views at this temple that offers a glimpse into the island’s Taoist heritage. Climb its colorful steps for a spiritual experience.
- Cebu Heritage Monument: Let intricate sculptures narrate the tale of Cebu’s history, blending indigenous roots and Spanish influences into a mesmerizing art piece.
- Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House: Step into the past at this well-preserved ancestral house turned museum. Get a firsthand look at colonial living and antique treasures.
- Lapu-Lapu Shrine: Pay homage to the Philippines’ brave hero at this monumental shrine. Take in stunning ocean views and reflect on the battle that shaped the nation.
- Sirao Flower Farm: Lose yourself in a sea of vibrant blooms at the “Little Amsterdam of Cebu.” Capture Instagram-worthy photos and immerse yourself in nature’s palette.
- Temple of Leah: Be awestruck by the grandeur of this temple, built as a symbol of undying love. Enjoy sweeping vistas of the city and indulge in the architectural marvel.
- Colon Street: Dive into local life at the oldest street in the Philippines. Shop for unique souvenirs, relish street food, and witness the city’s vibrant pulse.
Know before you go:
- Private airconditioned transport from the resort is provided for the duration of the excursion and you will be transported back to the resort upon completion of the tour.
- Lunch will be provided.
- Dress comfortably and wear shoes for walking to multiple locations.
Try your luck at one of Cebu’s premier casinos
A fun day at the casinos in Cebu promises an exciting blend of entertainment, games, and vibrant atmosphere. Cebu offers several casinos where visitors can indulge in gambling, enjoy live entertainment, savor delicious cuisine, and experience the local culture. Head over to one of the renowned casinos in Cebu, such as Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino or the Casino Filipino in the Waterfront Airport Hotel. Upon entering, you’ll be greeted by the buzz of excitement, colorful lights, and the sounds of clinking slot machines. Try your luck at various games like poker, blackjack, roulette, and more. Even if you’re not an experienced gambler, the friendly staff and dealers will be more than happy to explain the rules and help you get started. From musical acts to cultural shows, you’ll find something that suits your interests.
Adventurous, Spirited, Lively
Know before you go:
- Transportation will not be provided. The use of the “Grab” ride share app is suggested to get to and from the casino establishments.
- Lunch and dinner will not be provided, and you must join back with the group for your inclusive meals for the day.
- The staff at both suggested establishments speak fluent English so a guide is not necessary.
- Carry a mix of cash and cards but avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Casinos often have ATMs, but they might charge high withdrawal fees.
- Check the casino’s dress code before you go. While some casinos might have a formal dress requirement, others could be more relaxed. Dressing appropriately will help you feel comfortable and ready to enjoy the experience.
- Make sure you meet the legal gambling age requirement in the Philippines, which is typically 21 years old for casinos.